Monday, August 8, 2011

When You're 15...

Hey everybody, it't Marie! Last Friday (August 5th) was my brother's birthday. He's 15 years old now! I can't believe it! It seems like it was just yesterday when he was ten and started going to middle school and I was insanely jealous because I was still in elementary school. Those days were so long ago...

My brother and our dad go to the gym everyday to work out, and one day, they saw this one guy who was doing some serious heavy lifting. On the way home, my dad said, "Man, if I lifted that much, I'd be so tired that I'd fall asleep at the wheel!" To which my brother replied, "I could drive." Dad then said that he could drive home once we got to a soccer/softball field that's near our house. And Dad did let him drive! They drove out of the field, and at the exit there's a speed bump, which my brother didn't do so well driving over. He then started driving home at 20 mph. The field isn't too far away from our house, only about half a mile or so. When they got home, my brother parked the car (which took several tries). It's a good thing that Mom was at work, because if she was home, she would've been flipping out. She doesn't want my brother to drive because that means he's growing up.

It also freaks me out a little that he drove. It just reminded me of how old we're all getting. But no matter how old you are, you're never too old for birthday parties! My brother had one on Saturday. We played volleyball and had cake and he got presents. It was fun, but I still can't get over that he's 15!

No comments:

Post a Comment